Monday 4 February 2008

So, the other day I saw Louis Theroux in John Lewis. I was there looking for picture frames, but that's a story for another post. He was pretty scruffy (or at least noticeably unshaven) but really quite attractive. He wasn’t nearly as tall as I’d expected, though. He is easily over 6’ tall, but not conspicuously taller than your average shopper. I've just looked at IMDB, which reports that he is 6'2", but it also says that Dara O'Briain is 6'4". I’ve seen him in person (twice) and he is genuinely enormous! Can two inches make that much difference? Or is it context? I saw one in a department store, where one expects to see normal, everyday people doing everyday things, and I saw the other on stage being almost supernaturally funny.

I did notice that Louis was buying a bathroom scale, perhaps to see how much weigh he lost through his recently televised liposuction. Or maybe his old one broke. I don’t know and, although I did lurk around pretending to look at wallpaper books so as to get a better look at him, I didn't ask.

No comments: