Tuesday 26 February 2008

My New Style Crush

I didn't see the Oscars. For some reason, we have stayed up to watch the Super Bowl the past two years, but neither of us even considered staying up for the Oscars. However, thanks to the wonder of the internet, I know who won what and, more importantly, have seen lots of pretty dresses (and some not so pretty ones).

I am totally entranced by Diablo Cody's dress! For one thing, the press here hasn't had very large pictures of her, so I had to do some actual research to see the whole thing and even then, I haven't quite got my head around it. I found lots of other pictures of her throughout the award season and, I gotta say, I love this woman's wardrobe! It seems to consist of black, cardigans, funky jewelry, touches of red and leopard print and, almost exclusively, flats! She wore flats to the Oscars! I can so get behind that! I am not completely sold on the tattoo, but I like that she shows it off. Maybe everyone in the States is in love with her and she's been named the official new Style Icon of the nation and is getting her own TV show, but in the UK press all I've read is how she's very clever and talented. Which is good, but these clothes demand some attention too.

I've read that she has lots more films in development, so with any luck, we'll all have many opportunities to enjoy her red carpet style. In future, when people complain about the entertainment industry, I will point to this...


No comments: