Friday 22 February 2008

Cross One Item off the List - Forever

Well, I finished the "test dress" from my to-do list. Because I'm not the best seamstress, I have implemented a policy of using cheap fabric to try out a new pattern to see if I can figure out the directions and/or if it looks okay on. Turns out, I can make this one. However, after seeing how it looks on, I no longer want to. Puffy sleeves - yuck!

I've got the sewing bug now, so I'm going to try to make a pattern from a dress I do like and which seems very easy. The operative word there is "seems" - I'm sure this could easily break my head. Fingers crossed, though, that it will really easy and super-cute and I'll create an entire new spring/summer wardrobe in a matter of hours. Uh, yeah.

And, no, there will never be a picture of the test dress.

No comments: