Tuesday 5 February 2008

Salmon Croquettes

We used to have salmon croquettes fairly often when I was a kid. I think the original recipe came from my Grandmother Mark. This version is from Real Simple. I have a distinct impression of making it in my apartment in Denton, so it probably appeared between 2000 and 2002.

2 cans salmon
1 egg
¼ C mayonnaise
tarragon
capers to taste
cracker crumbs

Mix salmon, egg, mayo, tarragon and capers. Form into cakes, coat with cracker crumbs, and fry until golden brown.

These are great with wild rice and asparagus, or as you can see I have had tonight, brown rice and broccoli. Essentially, something starchy and something green.

Speaking of Real Simple: there are many things about that magazine that irritate me, but the biggest annoyance has to be the title. I get that it is supposed to be “Real” life made “Simple,” but it’s also supposed to imply that it’s real(ly) simple. The grammatical contortion is giving me hives!

No comments: