Tuesday 2 June 2009

Who Needs a Beach?

I had a very productive meeting with my dissertation tutor yesterday and have a big research day planned for tomorrow, so since Matthew had the day off, we spent it hanging around the house. We were actually much more productive than the following photographs would suggest. Matthew did more painting on the conservatory doors and frame. I did a lot of weeding and general gardening, washed and hung two loads of laundry, and put away my winter coats and scarves. Once that was all done, we sat in our deck chairs under the fig tree and read. I even read a school book - that's how dedicated I am. It's a pretty idyllic scene:


And so you can really see what it's like when in use, please see below, in which Matthew reads about crazy German terrorists while soaking up the sun:

1 comment:

Mollie said...

The shirt you sent with Mom & Dad? Mattie wore it the other day and she looked down at the woman's face and said, "It's Aunt Laura!"

And your garden is loverly.