Saturday 15 March 2008

Home Improvements

I haven't spent every moment of the past two weeks not at work immobile on the sofa. Last weekend I hung new photos/pictures, including some I brought back from Texas at Christmas, on the wall above our sofa. This is what it looked like before:

And now it looks like this:

Can you spot the picture of the lemur that I adopted for Matthew for his birthday? I'll give you a hint: she's furry and black and white, not posing with her sister - that's my grandmother!

Tonight I finally filled the shelves that Matthew hung for me in the bedroom. This project has literally taken months to complete. We are both extremely un-handy, so it's practically a miracle that it was finished at all. But Matthew figured it out, hung the brackets, painted the shelves and put them up - over a period of about 8 weeks. I'm not allowed to put anything very heavy on them, but I think that's reasonable.

And to show that I'm not totally useless, this is a picture of my bedside table, which I got unfinished at Ikea for £6.99 and stained. The stain was way more orange than I'd anticipated and was very streaky, but I put on a couple of coats and when I still wasn't very happy with the results, put a shawl over the top to disguise any weird spots. Clever, huh?


No comments: