Wednesday 11 June 2008

Happy Birthday, Mattie!

Today is my niece Mattie's first birthday. She is sweet, pretty, utterly charming and now a whole, entire year old! We won't get to attend her party this weekend, but I've sent a little package and, if the past year is any indication, I'm sure there will be LOTS of photos.

On this festive day, we tried to go to a taping of QI, one of our favourite TV shows, but they were overbooked. We actually made it through two cuts (were literally the last two people in line after the second), but in the end there was no room at the inn. Instead, we were guaranteed seats at a taping of Never Mind the Buzzcocks in August. Instead we had a nice walk, over the Thames toward Fleet Street, then came home and had an excellent meal of stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salmon croquettes. So we've had a lovely Mattie's birthday even without Mattie herself.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear sister!

We had a great day yesterday. I took the day off and Mat and I "pal"-ed around together. It was a lovely way to spend my day.

I will send pictures today!

Love you and Unkie Matti

Anonymous said...

'Got the package!